segunda-feira, maio 16, 2005

Japanese Teacher

Encontrei uma página fantástica, onde um professor negro americano vai para o Japão dar aulas de inglês a miúdos de 12-15 anos, e conta os episódios que o marcaram mais. E ainda anda por lá, há episódios com data deste mês.

Japanese Way of Life:

"You know what's kind of funny though? Some kids can't say "Good morning", but damn near all of them can ask if I have a big dick. Or, "bigu dikku" in Engrish.[...]So anyway, I get asked "bigu dikku" A LOT. Every 2-3 days in fact, which is amazing considering I got asked this question about 2-3 times *in my entire life* in America."

"You know, before we come to Japan, they tell us a lot of ultimately useless stuff. [...]Nowhere, and I mean nowhere, in the 3-4 months of orientations did anyone ever mention that at some point, a Japanese kid may try to stick their fingers up our butt. That's something I would have liked to know, personally."

"During a quiz game, I asked "What's the name of the famous bridge in San Francisco?" [...]One boy completely surprised me though. He slowly and timidly approached me, looked up, and hit me with his guess - "Gay Bridge." "